In this section
Visiting our Milwaukee campus
NOTICE: Temporary child visitor restriction
Due to the serious nature of this flu season, a temporary visitor restriction has been implemented at both our Milwaukee and Fox Valley hospitals.
- Children under the age of 12 are NOT allowed to visit any patient who is hospitalized.
Visit chw.org/flu for more information and updates.
Please note: Construction on the main entrance of our Milwaukee campus hospital has finished ahead of schedule. The entrance is re-opened.
While the information found here is meant to help you during your child's visit to our Milwaukee campus facility, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask your child's care providers for help or contact Patient Relations at (414) 266-7848.
Video: Approaching and entering our Milwaukee campus
Children's Hospital encourages partnerships with open, ongoing communication between family members and health care staff. Our goal is to support families in their caregiving roles by building on their strengths.
You play an important role in helping your child get better. You are a key player.
We also ask that you:
- Know who is in charge of your child's care
- Make sure all health professionals involved in your child's care have important information about his or her health history. This includes medicines, allergies and reactions, immunizations, developmental needs, past surgeries or hospital admissions.
- Ask why each test of procedure is being done and when the results will be available
- Have a family member or friend with you to help support you in your child's care. Choose someone who can help get things done and speak up for you when you cannot.
- Insist all care providers who have direct contact with your child clean their hands first
- Have the doctor explain the home treatment plan when your child is being discharged from the hospital. If you don't understand, ask for more information.
- Participate in daily rounds with the health care team
The Comfort Zone™
"The Comfort Zone" is our pledge to families that we will make every effort to keep your child as comfortable as safely possible during every visit. Our doctors, nurses and other health care providers are committed to this objective.
You are an important member of the team and you know your child better than anyone else. Tell us how your child reacts to pain and what comfort measures have worked in the past. We will provide information about pain and work with you to develop a pain management plan. For more information, ask your child's care provider.
We release information about a child only when authorized by a parent or legal guardian. Information will not be given to friends, other relatives or the news media without consent from a legal guardian.
The nurses caring for your child are among the best. Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has earned the nation's highest nursing honor -- Magnet status -- from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We've earned this designation for three consecutive four-year periods. That means we attract and retain the nation's top nurses.
More information about Children's Hospital Milwaukee campus
Request an appointment
To make an appointment, call the number below, or use the "request an appointment" button to submit your request online.
Toll free (877) 607-5280
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions and message your child's doctor. Learn more about MyChart.
Discover CHW is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay. Find out more!