In this section
Compliments and concerns
We're constantly looking at ways of improving the care we provide our patients and families. You may be selected to participate in a survey about your experience at Children's Hospital. Your feedback is important to helping us provide the best care for kids.
If you have a concern about patient care provided at one of our hospitals or clinics, we encourage you to let us know. Your child's care will not be limited due to a complaint.We will use your feedback to try and address your concerns, and to make experiences better for other kids and their families.
Share a compliment/Thank a caregiver
Another way we work to improve the quality of our care is by recognizing those members of our team who really shine. Please let us know if you had such an experience!
Report a patient care or safety concern
If you have a concern about patient care provided at one of our hospitals or clinics, we encourage you to let us know. Your child's care will not be limited due to a complaint.
To report a concern, contact Patient Relations at (414) 266-7848 or (800) 556-8090 or you can email PatientRelations@chw.org.
Patient Relations can assist with concerns related to:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (hospitals and clinics in Milwaukee and Neenah, Wis.).
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin specialty clinics in Delafield, Green Bay, Greenfield, Kenosha, Mequon and New Berlin.
- Children's urgent care (all locations).
Complaints regarding quality of care or premature discharge will be reviewed by the responsible leaders on a timely basis.
Patient Relations will use the following process:
- Submit your complaint either verbally or in writing.
- Patient Relations will specify to you the time frames necessary to investigate and respond.
- Patient Relations will provide a written notice of our response, which includes:
- Name of the hospital or clinic contact person.
- Steps taken on behalf of the patient to investigate the complaint.
- Outline of the results of the complaint process.
- The date of its completion.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is accredited by The Joint Commission. If the concerns in question cannot be resolved through the grievance process, you are encouraged to contact The Joint Commission through their website or email email@example.com.
You also may file patient care concerns with:
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (800) 994-6610
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Division of Quality Assurance
PO Box 2969
Madison, WI 53701-2060
Phone: (800) 642-6552
Office of Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21244
(877) 486-2048 (TTY)
Report a compliance issue
To report a compliance issue call our Corporate Compliance Hotline at (414) 266-1773 or (877) 659-5200 or report your concern online through the EthicsPoint website.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call the number below, or use the "request an appointment" button to submit your request online.
Toll free (877) 607-5280
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions and message your child's doctor. Learn more about MyChart.