In this section
Conditions we treat
Surgeons at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin treat a wide range of conditions in children of all ages.
Some of these problems can include:
- Congenital problems of the chest and abdomen, including:
- Esophageal atresia
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Congenital lobar emphysema
- Congenital lung cysts
- Congenital cysts of the mediastinum
- Abdominal wall defects
- Pectus excavatum
- Congenital bowel obstruction (atresia and malrotation)
- Imperforate anus
- Hirschsprung's disease
- Fetal anomalies: We offer prenatal consultation with parents who have learned during pregnancy that their child likely has a congenital abnormality.
- Hernia repair, including:
- Tumors of the head, neck, chest, abdomen, genitourinary tract and extremities. We also offer biopsies, resections and excisions
- Trauma and burns. Children's Hospital has a free-standing Level I Trauma Center dedicated solely to the care of children
- Head and neck surgery including congenital cysts, inflammatory disease, thyroid disease, bronchoscopy and esophagoscopy
- Intestinal diseases including stomach, small intestine, colon, appendix and rectum
- Inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Diseases of the liver, gall bladder, spleen and pancreas
- Genitourinary tract problems including kidney and bladder trauma, groin and scrotal hernias, ovarian and testicular abnormalities, including torsion and hydroceles
- Extremity soft tissue problems including tumors, inflammatory disease and trauma
Proud to be a Level I Children’s Surgery Center
The highest-rated pediatric surgical center in Wisconsin
Recognized by the American College of Surgeons, our Level I verification represents the highest level of recognition for hospitals that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns and children. Learn more about this recognition.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call the number below, or use the "request an appointment" button to submit your request online.
Toll free (877) 607-5280