In this section
Sports Medicine Physical Therapy
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin offers sports medicine physical therapy services for active children and adolescents. We specialize in sports-related orthopedic overuse injuries, pre- and post- op rehabilitation, concussions, and idiopathic scoliosis, among other diagnoses.
Each clinic provides therapy within a 3,000-square-foot gym equipped with state-of-the-art and sport specific equipment. Focused therapy programs help kids return to their sports and recreational activities by emphasizing:
- Competitive performance
- Concussion recovery
- Dry Needling
- Manual Therapy
- Manipulation/mobilization techniques
Our treatment approach is based on the latest research, education, injury management, and prevention methods. Our specialty programs include:
- Pre-operative and post-operative ACL rehabilitation
- Comprehensive overhead and throwing athlete
- Dance Medicine
- Concussion rehabilitation
- Running analysis and treatment
- Sport specific rehabilitation and conditioning
- Analysis and evaluation of body mechanics including running, throwing and golf swing techniques
- Special computerized equipment to test and improve muscular strength and endurance
Meet our physical therapists
Sports Physical Therapy
To request an appointment with a sports physical therapist please call central scheduling:
Request a speaker from our orthopedics and sports medicine team.
Growth plates: Why choose us?
If growth plates don’t heal properly, it can lead to long-term problems.
Watch Dr. Lyon discuss pediatric orthopedic surgery
Growth plates 101
Why pediatric experts are best equipped to treat growth plate fractures in children. Learn more.