Our Genetics and Genomics Program is a leader in genetic treatment and research for children and adults with concerns about genetic conditions and related issues.
In this section
Meet our specialists
Learn about the doctors and staff who care for our patients.
Learn about genome sequencing
Whole genome sequencing can help doctors develop truly personalized treatment plans.
Our team can diagnose, educate, counsel and treat patients with a variety of genetic conditions. We work with our patients and their families to develop care plans including:
- Genetic counseling
- Medical care
- Referrals to other specialists
Why choose us?
The Genetics and Genomics Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin offers many services and benefits that aren’t found anywhere else in Wisconsin. We’re the biggest genetics program in Wisconsin and are national leaders in whole genome sequencing.
We offer specialized programs and services that can help diagnose and treat genetic conditions, including:
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Genomic Medicine Program
- Hereditary Disorders of Connective Tissue (HCT) Program
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases (LSD) Program
- Metabolic/mitochondrial disorders
- Neurofibromatosis and RASopathy Program
- Newborn Blood Screening Follow-up Program
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) Program
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Program
- Velocardiofacial syndrome (VCFS) Program
- Whole genome sequencing
We have a team of specialized experts, including:
- Doctors trained in genetic medicine
- Nurse practitioners
- Genetic counselors
- Metabolic and biochemical dietitians
Advancing diagnoses and treatments through genomic medicine
Children’s Hospital is diagnosing and treating genetic diseases, sometimes saving lives. Learn more about genomic medicine and some of the doctors and patients at Children’s Hospital:
- Doctors and researchers from Children's Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin comment on the latest research and treatments using genetic sequencing in the NOVA segment, Cracking Your Genetic Code. Watch the segment.
- One in a billion: DNA patient sequencing at Children’s Hospital in Wisconsin leads to diagnosis and treatment. Learn more.
You can reach us by phone, email or postal mail. Find our contact information.