In this section
Resources for schools
Many patients need to have an annual diabetes care plan on file at their school. A copy also needs to be on file at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin diabetes program.
- School plan instruction sheet (PDF)
- School plan worksheet (PDF)
- Diabetes emergency action plan (PDF)
- School diabetes management protocols (PDF)
- Continuous glucose monitor resources
- Age Related Guidelines for Diabetes: What to look for in children with diabetes, Children’s of Alabama
- Managing diabetes safely in the school setting: A framework for collaborative care (PDF)
- Diabetes training for school staff
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Safe at School for children with diabetes
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: A resource guide for Wisconsin schools and families
- Children's Diabetes Foundation: Free national park pass for people with Type 1 diabetes
- Wisconsin Association of School Nurses (WASN) conference
Request an appointment
To make an appointment, call Central Scheduling.
Toll-free (877) 607-5280
Picture the future with diabetes: The Jeff Costello story
Jeff will take you on his journey as an athlete with Type 1 Diabetes. The endless possibilities to live our dreams.
Our own nurses: Coming full circle
This is a story of two nurses who were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at Children's Hospital, and now work here. They share their unique stories and motivation to accomplish a dream despite diabetes.