Rhinelander Community Services
This office is physically closed until further notice. Staff from this office are available via phone and are working virtually.
Northwoods Family Matters newsletter (PDF).
At our Rhinelander Community Services location, we offer:
- Family Resource Center
- Home Visiting
Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center was established in 1997 by a group of community members seeking a way to provide comprehensive, community-based services for families in Northern Wisconsin.
The principles of family support that guided the development of the Family Resource Center continue to drive service delivery:
- Staff and families work together in relationships based on equality and respect.
- Staff enhance families' ability to support the growth and development of all family members - adults, youth and children.
- Families are resources to their own members, to other families, to programs and to communities.
- Programs affirm and strengthen families' cultural, racial and linguistic identities and enhance their ability to function in a multicultural society.
- Programs exist in their communities and contribute to the community-building process.
- Programs advocate with families for services and systems that are fair, responsive and accountable to the families served.
- Staff work with families to mobilize formal and informal resources to support family development.
- Programs are flexible and continually responsive to emerging family and community issues.
- Principles of family support are modeled in all program activities, including planning, governance and administration.
Free programsThe Family Resource Center exists to promote positive parent/child attachment, increase social connections and enhance the health and safety of children and families.
3716 Country Dr.
Rhinelander, WI 54501
- Monday through Friday by appointment
- Play and Learn, 9:30-11, Tuesdays and Fridays
- Minocqua Music Garden (Minocqua Public Library 415 Menominee Street), 10-11, Thursdays
- Crandon Music Garden (Crandon Public Library 110 Polk Street), 10:30-11:30, Wednesdays
Urgent care: reserve your slot
Skip the wait! See current wait times and reserve your slot online.