Information on our physician ratings and reviews
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is committed to providing you the information you need to make informed decisions about your health care provider. As part of that commitment, we post our patient satisfaction ratings online. To assist you, we’ve developed this guide.
About our survey
All ratings are submitted by actual patients/families and are verified by a leading independent patient satisfaction company, NRC Health. NRC Health provides the technology to display ratings and comments on our provider profiles and practice pages.
Who receives the survey?
Families are asked to complete the survey and provide comments regarding specific aspects of care. We use this feedback to improve and enhance the care we offer.
What questions do we ask?
The surveys asks families to evaluate how well their child’s provider communicated, listened, and showed courtesy and respect toward them. Results are used to evaluate their overall perception of care and to identify areas for improvement.
Do you post all comments?
Both positive and negative comments are posted, with these exceptions:
- Comments about other providers, clinical departments or other instances of care
- Comments that include names or detailed descriptions of patients that jeopardize patient privacy/confidentiality, including date of birth, address, phone, email, SSN, account numbers, etc.)
- Comments that include profanity/offensive language (anything that wouldn’t be allowed on primetime TV)
- Comments that include potential libelous/defamatory content or personal attacks
While the comments are posted in an anonymous manner, we understand some patients may recognize their comment and desire for it to be removed from the website. Patients may request to remove a comment from their doctor’s profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which providers are included in the ratings?
Only Children’s Hospital providers are included in the ratings.
Why don’t we see patient ratings and comments for every Children’s Hospital provider?
At Children’s, you can expect the very best care and service from all our providers – but not all will have ratings or reviews displayed online, for a few possible reasons. The provider may:
- Not have received the minimum number of reviews (to ensure accuracy, we require a minimum of 30 patient surveys before we develop each provider’s rating)
- Care for patients only as part of a team in the hospital
- Not see patients
Can anyone complete a survey about a provider?
No. Only families with children having an appointment with a Children’s Hospital primary care or specialty care provider may be selected to receive a survey.