In this section
Social support for patients
The medical social workers at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin are a team of Master's-prepared professionals, either clinically licensed or certified. Social Work Services is an integral part of the health care team. Social workers help families advocate for their child’s health care by recognizing their strengths, styles and goals. They serve in many capacities and provide a variety of services in the hospital, emergency room and outpatient clinics. There is no charge for social work services to our patients or families.
- Support when adjusting to a new diagnosis or chronic illness
- Help with financial, insurance or community resources
- Support with transitioning to adult health care
- Answers to guardianship questions
- Linking a child's school and health care team
- Coordinating services outside of the hospital with a patient's health care team
How to contact Social Work at Children's Hospital
- Phone: (414) 266-3465
- Fax: (414) 266-3338
- Office hours:
- Monday through Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday - Midnight to 6 p.m.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call the number below, or use the "request an appointment" button to submit your request online.
Toll free (877) 607-5280
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions and message your child's doctor. Learn more about MyChart.
Discover CHW is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay. Find out more!