In this section
Arrange a transport
Children's Transport serves Wisconsin, northern Illinois and the upper peninsula of Michigan. The team also travels across the U.S. bringing patients to Children's Hospital.
Call (800) 266-0366 to speak to any specialty care physician upon request. Pediatric specialists are available for online consultation or assistance in the transfer process.
If a referring physician only needs to talk to a pediatric specialist, that can be done while the physician waits on the line. If a decision is made to transport a child, call center staff will mobilize the Transport Team.
Request a transport
To request a transport, referring physicians should:
- Call (800) 266-0366 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call center staff will obtain pertinent clinical information including patient's history, labs and radiological findings on a recorded line.
- Call center staff will discuss the case with the medical control physician who is a pediatric intensivist or neonatologist and discuss medical management to choose the mode of transport.
- Patient will be transported by ambulance, helicopter or fixed-wing airplane. Mode of transportation is determined by patients' acuity, distance from the hospital and weather. Safety always is our first priority.
- On request, medical control physician will assist referring physician manage the patient's care from the time of referral until the transport team arrives.
Physician referral and consultation
(414) 266-2460Toll free: (800) 266-0366
- Refer a patient
- Discuss a case
- Arrange a direct admission
- Arrange a transport
- Staffed 24 hours a day for urgent and nonurgent needs
Referring Provider App
CHW Refer - The Pocket Directory on your phone
CHW Refer puts all the information you are used to finding in our popular Pocket Directory on your phone. Find our specialists by searching by name or specialty. Learn more.