In this section
Mission #2: Get rid of sugary drinks
Did you know? Sugary drinks are one of the leading causes of weight gain in children.
A sugary drink is any beverage that has added sugar such as:
- Soda like Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, Fanta, etc.
- Juice or fruit drinks
- Chocolate milk
- Sweetened iced tea like Arizona
- Sweetened coffee drinks
- Sport drinks like Gatorade
What you can do:
Look at the food label: Pick drinks with LESS THAN 3 grams of sugar (white milk is one exception) such as:
- Water flavored with natural fruit
- Aquafina FlavorSplash
- Dasani flavored water
- Crystal Light or Crystal Light Pure
- MiO liquid water enhancer drops
- Propel or Powerade Zero or Gatorade Zero
- Sparkling ICE waters
- Sugar-Free Kool-Aid
- Caffeine-free diet soda
- Sparkling Ice
Make a family goal to eliminate sugar-sweetened drinks completely in your household. Write it somewhere that everyone can see it. This goal works best when EVERYONE in the house follows it!