In this section
Meet Dr. Schwake
1. What made you want to become a pediatrician?
I loved the idea of having the opportunity to educate children and their parents about their health and how they can advocate for their own health care needs.
2. What would you be doing if you weren't a doctor?
I'd be a sportswriter. I initially attended the University of Missouri as a journalism major, but as I spent more time around the university's medical community, I found that environment met more of my long-term goals as I considered which career to pursue.
3. What's one thing you'd like to tell parents about keeping their children healthy?
I want them to know important it is to find time each day for physical activity, hopefully 60 minutes, while limiting the time they spend looking at screens.
4. Who's the most famous person you've ever met?
I met Bill Wennington, the former Chicago Bulls player and current broadcaster, at a Milwaukee Bucks game.
5. What's the most unrealistic medical movie/TV show you've ever seen?
While Doogie Howser, M.D. was entertaining to watch, I could not have imagined myself a young teenager being capable in any way of accomplishing what Doogie did on that show.
To find a pediatrician and location close to you, please call us.
Download our app
Keep healthcare information close at hand with our new Children’s On Call app. Use it on your iPhone or Android.
Read our blog
Get helpful parenting tips and join the conversation on our blog.