In this section
What you can expect at your first visit
Before your visit
- Bring detailed notes about pain/headaches
- Medical records from referral provider should be sent to the Pain & Headache Clinic
- Bring all medications (list and/or bottles/containers) to first appointment
- Complete ANY questionnaires we have sent to you before your visit.
- You must give 24 hours notice to change and/or cancel your scheduled appointment. This may prolong the time before the initial visit.
During your visit
- Expect many questions about pain/headache, general medical history and family medical history
- Foreign language interpreter (including sign language) available if needed.
- Complete questionnaires, they serve as a foundation for the treatment plan and also done at the follow-up visits to see progress.
- The FLOW of the appointment (~ 1 ½-2 hours)
- Check in at front desk
- Height/weight, vital signs, medications reviewed
- The Doctor/Nurse Practitioner and Mental Health providers (the TEAM) will conduct a thorough interview with patient and family.
- Physical exam by Doctor/Nurse Practitioner with nurse/medical assistant present WHILE Mental Health provider speaks with family member(s).
- Mental health provider speaks with patient individually
- The team prepares a comprehensive plan and reviews with family
After your visit
- Clinic front desk to schedule follow-up appointment
- Recommend families sign up for My Chart
- If indicated (blood tests, EKG), completed the day of visit.
- If indicated (other tests/MRI, referrals), family will call Central Scheduling at (414) 607-5280 to schedule these at a later date.
- Families will be contacted about ALL test results
- Keep pain/headache diary