In this section
March of Dimes NICU Family Support Program
Our NICU in Milwaukee is the only NICU in the state of WI that offers an on-site March of Dimes NICU Family Support Program. This program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital and the March of Dimes, and provides family-centered care for NICU families during their baby’s hospital stay. In addition to providing family support, the program also provides professional education for NICU staff.
This program provides the following services:
- A dedicated NICU Family Support Specialist, Angie Biersach, who coordinates and facilitates all aspects of the program and acts as a liaison between Children’s Hospital and March of Dimes
- Support and education for parents, both in person and through print and online resources
- Support and information for extended family members, such as siblings and grandparents
- Regular education monthly programming for NICU families, including educational sessions supporting baby and parents as well as social/holiday events such scrapbooking and creating journey beads
- The opportunity to connect with other families going through similar experiences
- Coordination of our parent-to-parent, gradate NICU parent volunteers on the unit
- Facilitation of our graduate parent & NICU staff advisory committee to plan future educational and social events, community events, and reunion programming
Macy's NICU story shared on Facebook
Macy was born with TEF/EA - an esophageal atresia and a tracheosophageal fistula. Her parents, Adam and Molly, were generous enough to share the story of their daughter Macy's first few weeks of life on Facebook. Read their story and watch the video.