(414) 266-2000

Urgent Care & ER

Caring for children with chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction

Learn how our Gastroenterology, Liver and Nutrition Program cares for children with chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction.

Related tests and treatments:

Our approach to chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction

Pediatric Neurogastroenterology, Motility and Autonomic Disorders Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is home to one of the world’s largest teams of experts for children with motility disorders, including chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction. Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest cohorts of patients with motility disorders, giving our team a level of experience and perspective that few can match. As a result, Children’s Hospital has become an internationally renowned destination  for patients with pseudo-obstruction and other motility disorders.

We believe in a multidisciplinary team approach. In addition to GI specialists who can optimize your child’s nutrition and bowel symptoms, our team includes surgeons, chronic pain specialists, dieticians and psychologists.

Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction services we offer

Diagnosing and treating chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction

Children’s Hospital is one of just a few pediatric hospitals to offer a full range of diagnostic tests, including manometry for evaluating children with pseudo-obstruction. Other diagnostic tests may include:

Our team will work together to create a customized treatment plan for your child. Most patients require tube-feeding or IV nutrition, which can be managed through our Nutrition Care Program. Treatment could also include surgery.

  • A A A

    Text Size

  • Print Page

Request an appointment

To make an appointment, call Central Scheduling.

(414) 607-5280

Toll free (877) 607-5280

Request an Appointment

Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.

Need assistance?

The Access Center can help if you are coming from out of town or need assistance coordinating appointments, insurance, etc. Use our online form, or call:

(414) 266-6300