In this section
Comprehensive Spine Program
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is proud to offer a comprehensive spine program that provides diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders from the simple to the most complex spine conditions in infants, children and teens.
Our multi-disciplinary team represents pediatric experts in orthopedics, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as other specialists from across Children’s to deliver an exceptional experience for your infant, child or teen.
We're here to help you
Our nurse helpline makes it easy for parents and providers looking for pediatric spine care. Experienced triage nurses are available by phone to assist and help guide patient families to the appropriate level of spine care. Our nurses are available to simplify the referral process as well as help those looking for a second opinion.
Call (414) 33-SPINE (77463) available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to speak to a triage nurse to begin the intake process or complete our online form.
Conditions we treat
- Birth injuries of the neck, back or spine
- Chiari malformation – structural problems at the back of the head with the part of the brain that controls balance
- Congenital deformity or malformation of the neck, back or spine
- Disease of the spine or spinal cord
- Fracture of neck, back or spine
- Fusion of spine
- Head and spine trauma – injury to the head, neck, back or spine
- Injuries or disorders of the spine, spinal cord, vertebrae or disc
- Injury of nerve root in neck, back or spine
- Klippel‐Feil syndrome
- Pain in neck, back or spine
- Peripheral nerve disorders – problems which involve the nerve that connect the spinal cord to the rest of the body
- Sacrococcygeal disorders
- Schmorl's nodes
- Spina bifida, tethered cord and other congenital spine anomalies – disorders where the spinal cord and spine fail to develop properly
- Spinal instabilities
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprain of joints and ligaments in neck, back or spine
- Strain of muscle in neck, back or spine
Speak to a nurse
Our nurse triage team is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to assist with appointments and referrals
Visit our physician referral and consultation page to refer a patient and more.
Get a second opinion
It's important to know what your options are. We can provide expert opinions to verify or give more information about an initial diagnosis. Contact us today.
Send us an email to connect with an expert.