In this section
Tips to minimize exposure to outdoor allergens
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning, between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m., when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed while driving
- Minimize your time outdoors when the pollen count is high
- Do not rake leaves or allow children to jump in piles of leaves if they are allergic to mold.
- Do not hang bedding or clothing outside to dry since that can trap the outdoor pollen.
- Change clothes after playing or working outside and shower before climbing into your bed. This will help keep pollen out of your house–especially the bedrooms.