In this section
About the Challenge
Family Wellness Bingo is a fun way to engage the entire family in learning to live healthier lives.
What is Family Wellness Bingo?
Enjoy time with your family as you take steps to better health and wellness! In this WACKY version of Bingo, see how many of the activities you can complete on the Family Wellness Bingo sheet below – but instead of going for five in a row across or up and down, try to get one in each of the five activity categories! Each time you complete five activities in different categories, your family will be entered in a drawing to win one of five special family wellness prize packages. After each five activities, treat yourselves to a healthy and fun family outing. And remember, the goal of this game is to complete each activity together. Now, let’s get going!
Download the Family Wellness Bingo sheet.
Use the resources below to help your family complete the Family Wellness Bingo activities.
The meal planning category encourages families to plan ahead, purposefully choose healthy foods, prepare and eat meals at home and practice food safety. Here are some helpful resources to help you complete the activities in this category.
- Click on this link to find helpful hints on meal planning with your family.
- A little planning goes a long way when it comes to eating healthy. Check out some suggestions for healthy snacks on the go.
The healthy shopping category focuses on trying new foods and shopping together as a family. Here are some helpful resources to help you complete the activities in this category.
- Learn more about healthy food shopping from this tip sheet.
- Here are some ideas for encouraging kids to try new foods. Be sure to check out our tips for picky eaters on this page too!
- Some foods have a lot of hidden sugars, so check out this fact sheet to learn more about sugar.
- This poster can help to remind you how much sugar is in everyday foods.
The physical activity category is all about movement! Check out these resources to help you complete the activities in this category. Remember to check with your doctor before starting any new exercise.
- Thinking about having a family dance party. Check out this option for fun family friendly music.
- Stretching is an important part of physical activity and this poster can be used to remind your family to stretch throughout the day.
- Try one of these family friendly mindfulness exercises.
Ready, Set, Focus (11 years and up)
Standing Balances (Pre-school and up)
The healthy minds category will get your family thinking about screen time as well as learning about and practicing mindfulness. Check out these resources to help you complete the activities in this category.
- Our Take 5ive activities can help your family practice mindfulness.
- Check out this video on having conversations about screen time with your kids.
- Check out these screen time tips and then scroll down and check out the information on sleep.
- Use these family screen time rules at home to help limit screen use.
The together time category is exactly what it sounds like. The activities in this category encourage families to spend time together. Here are some resources to help you complete the activities in this category.